In 2010, Dr. Darryl Hart (OPC assistant historian and Machen scholar) taught a Sunday school series at Glenside Presbyterian Church on J. Gresham Machen about J. Gresham Machen and the founding of the Orthodox Presbyterian Church. Camden Bucey of the Reformed Forum kindly recorded the whole series for posterity.1
Here are the lectures:
- J. Gresham Machen: Fighter of the Good Fight
- What Prepared Machen to Fight?
- Machen and the Crisis of Western Civilization
- Ecumenism and Intolerance
- Liberalism, the Different Religion
- The Fight Against False Optimism
- The Fight Against Tyranny
- The Fight Against Liberalism: Foreign Missions
- The Fight Against Sentimentality
- The Basis on Which Machen Fought: The Bible
- Assessing Machen
Hart’s book on Machen, Defending the Faith: J. Gresham Machen and the Crisis of Conservative Protestantism in Modern America, is similarly excellent.
The quality of the recording on the first couple of lectures is poor, but the improve over time. ↩︎